Cool tiles have been invented to reflect almost all solar heat back to atmosphere. This helps bring the building temperature down by 5-10 degree Celsius, reducing cooling requirement and saving costs while helping in the fight against global warming.
What is SRI & COOL ROOF ?
- SRI (Solar reflective index) measures a roof's ability to reject solar heat.
- Cool roofs reflect and emit the sun heat instead of absorbing it.
- A cool roof is one that reflects the sun's heat and emits absorbed radiation back in to the atmosphere. This will keep the inside building cooler.
- Indian Green Building Council recommends covering buildings with ceramic tiles which have an SRI value of at least 78 to keep indoor cool and reduce air conditioning, electricity consumption, burning of fossil fuels and releasing ozone depleting CFC gasses into the atmosphere which call cause global warming. Our cool tiles have an SRI value of 103. These tiles when covering the entire roof of the building can reduce inside building temperature by upto 10 degree centigrade or even more.
- Usage of OBL Cool Tiles makes sense in every way - saving electricity and saving the environment.
How to make roof cool?
- Make it white, let us not use clay tiles to cover the roof. Then cover the roof with ceramic white glazed tiles which has an SRI value of minimum 78 at medium wind speed and remember OBL Cool Tiles have the best SRI values of any other tile in the world at 103 and are patent pending.
- Save an annual electricity bills by reducing summer air conditioning cost.
- Save peak electricity demand costs if you have time of use metering.
- Reduce roof maintenance and replacement of expenses by extending roof life.
- Increase indoor comfort in summer by reduction of Infrared conversion from visible light.
- Reduce the "heat island effect" in cities and suburbs.
|City||Office (3000 Sqm)
||Commercial (10,000 Sqm)||Residential (200 Sqm)
|Ahemdabad||997,879||1.50||View Details||4,618,520||1.08||View Details||105,250||0.95||View Details|
|Allahabad||921,827||1.63||View Details||4,283,091||1.17||View Details||83,038||1.20||View Details|
|Amritsar||963,056||1.56||View Details||4,413,019||1.13||View Details||99,837||1.00||View Details|
|Bangalore||832,930||1.80||View Details||3,907,405||1.28||View Details||95,637||1.05||View Details|
|Bhubneshwar||838,277||1.79||View Details||3,795,226||1.32||View Details||87,453||1.14||View Details|
|Chennai||880,897||1.70||View Details||3,991,490||1.25||View Details||93,843||1.07||View Details|
|Dehradun||632,057||-||View Details||3,347,924||-||View Details||49,520||2.02||View Details|
|Guwahati||694,998||-||View Details||3,245,663||1.54||View Details||66,216||1.51||View Details|
|Gwalior||943,663||-||View Details||4,453,586||-||View Details||83,182||1.20||View Details|
|Hyderabad||957,833||-||View Details||4,383,448||-||View Details||101,811||-||View Details|
|Imphal||622,426||-||View Details||3,158,370||1.58||View Details||47,043||2.13||View Details|
|Indore||894,482||-||View Details||4,219,680||1.18||View Details||89,803||1.11||View Details|
|Jaipur||934,885||1.60||View Details||4,468,735||1.12||View Details||87,018||1.15||View Details|
|Kolkata||794,643||1.89||View Details||3,621,116||1.38||View Details||81,025||1.23||View Details|
|Lucknow||844,386||1.78||View Details||4,011,407||1.25||View Details||76,172||1.31||View Details|
|Mumbai||787,735||1.90||View Details||3,645,242||1.37||View Details||89,035||1.12||View Details|
|Nagpur||1,043,247||1.44||View Details||4,706,546||1.06||View Details||103,617||0.97||View Details|
|New Delhi||817,091||1.84||View Details||4,179,656||1.20||View Details||72,432||1.38||View Details|
|Panjim||740,948||2.02||View Details||3,438,657||1.45||View Details||84,891||1.18||View Details|
|Patna||815,748||1.84||View Details||3,882,698||1.29||View Details||75,392||1.33||View Details|
|Pune||887,266||1.69||View Details||4,146,593||1.21||View Details||95,492||1.05||View Details|
|Raipur||985,666||1.52||View Details||4,447,223||1.12||View Details||98,313||1.02||View Details|
|Ranchi||805,197||1.86||View Details||3,765,358||1.33||View Details||75,284||1.33||View Details|
|Shillong||255,365||5.87||View Details||2,055,629||2.43||View Details||5,861||17.08||View Details|
|Surat||839,716||1.79||View Details||3,884,681||1.29||View Details||95,120||1.05||View Details|
|Trivandrum||1,028,980||1.46||View Details||4,749,685||1.05||View Details||104,808||0.95||View Details|
|Vishakhapatnam||780,719||1.92||View Details||3,539,616||1.41||View Details||83,761||1.19||View Details|
- Savings and payback period by using Cool Tiles (Reflection=0.82, Emittance=0.87) instead of concrete (Reflection=0.25, Emittance=0.9) for an area of 3000 sqm for Office, 10000 sqm for Commercial and 200 sqm for Residential.
- Calculations done by using Cool Roof Calculator developed by the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- You can use it to calculate savings for more cities or for your building here: http://coolroof.cbs.iiit.ac.in