Tile Buying Guide
Are you confused because you don’t know which tile to pick for your home?
Are you relying too much on relatives and other sources to select the right kind of tile for you?
Let’s cut all the confusion and help you choose the right kind of tile according to your space and requirements.
Here is a guide that lets you choose tiles just as per your needs.
- Ceramic tiles are most popular in kitchen spaces as they are easy-to-clean
- Wall concepts that have highlighter along with dark and light shades continue to be a hit
- Kitchen floors can be matt finish with 300*300 mm and 600*600 mm being the popular sizes
The kitchen is the heart of a home where stories are weaved with flavors and aromas. But it is these flavors and aromas that stick to the walls or may stain the kitchen permanently. A normal painted wall, thus, is not enough. You need something durable yet stylish- something that defines who you are.
Ceramic tiles - are a popular choice for kitchen areas as they are easy to clean and maintain. You can either use single colored tiles all over the kitchen or choose to create a wall concept with different tiles.
Popular wall concepts include the ones with kitchen utensils and cutleries, these are called Highlighter tiles. Highlighter tiles have a glossy finish and are extremely easy-to-clean.
They are popularly clubbed with light and dark tiles to compliment the highlighter and that is how a wall concept is created. You can view some popular kitchen tiles here
Lapato Martini Flora HL
Lapato Martini Beige
Laptop Martini Creama
Orientbell kitchen floor tiles come in as a permanent, easy to clean option. These tiles require almost no maintenance. You can opt for tiles in matt or glossy finish.
You can click here to view an array of kitchen floor tiles.
- Wall concepts are created with highlighter tiles clubbed with dark and light tiles. Can make statement or accent walls with highlighter tiles.
- Ceramic floor tiles in matt finish are anti-skid and hence ideal for bathroom floors. These are available in an array of shades and sizes.
- 300mm*300mm is the most popular floor size.
A bathroom is a place where one seeks peace. Yet, it often remains the most ignored space when the entire house is being constructed, designed, or renovated. Bathrooms tend to be missed because either they are too small to do anything with or we think they are not as visible as other spaces.
But does your bathroom say a lot about your personality and hygiene than any other space you want to glorify.
Let’s help you pick the right tile to give your bathrooms a ‘wow’ factor.
Bathroom walls make the first impression of who you are. Wall concepts are popular and designs are available in abundance for every requirement.
Generally, ceramic tiles are used with 300mm*450mm and 300mm*600mm being the most popular sizes. Ceramic tiles are easy to clean and maintain with lower water absorption. They can also be cladded on the wall easily.
Wall concepts are a combination of highlighter tiles put together beautifully with light and dark tiles to create a colorful combination.
You can even create a statement or accent wall using highlighter tiles. These accent walls can be created on basin backsplash or in the bathing area.
They look stylish and can be laid in multiple styles as per your choice.
The growing trend of installing 600*1200mm GVT wall tiles are slowly making its way and gives an elegant and sophisticated look to bathrooms.
Tiles play an integral role in making a small bathroom appear bigger. If you want to know how you too can make a small bathroom bigger, you must check this out.
Bathroom floors are of utmost importance as it may prove hazardous if the right flooring is not chosen.
One of the most popular choices is ceramic tiles in matt finish as they are anti-skid. 300*300mm being the most popular size.
Bathroom floor tiles are available in an array of colors, shades, and sizes. These are easy to maintain and safe for kids and elderly members of the family. You can view some popular Bathroom tiles here
- Bigger slabs of vitrified tiles (600mm*1200mm) continue to be most popular for living rooms.
- Marble and wooden tiles remain favorite choices for the living room; they look elegant, are easy to clean, and can be mopped.
- Clad living room walls with tiles to create accent walls- can use neutral tiles on all walls to give a glamorous look.
While you spend a lot of time in your living room, it also is the first space that your guests see when they visit you. And if you are looking to bring forward your A-game, then tiles could be the long-lasting and durable option that you should opt for.
To give a premium and sophisticated look to your living room, you can opt for vitrified tiles in a bigger size. With 600*1200mm GVT is a popular size in bigger slabs. It looks premium and can add class to your living room. Bigger slabs help your spaces look bigger and posh as it minimizes the joints visible in the space.
Similarly, wooden tiles are available in various shades of wood, which makes it look like wood. Tiles are easier to clean and maintain. They can be mopped unlike wooden flooring and stains can be wiped easily unlike marble slabs.
You can also browse through other popular tiles for the living room here and explore the world of tiles with orientbell.com.
Living room wall tiles are gradually catching popularity with this space. While you love to paint or use wall paper, tiles happen to be one-stop investment that stays longer and looks more stylish and elegant.
There is a lot you do with tiles, be it creating an accent wall or use marble or book match marble tiles. Both gloss and matt finish not just looks great but lives longer than paint or wall paper.
Tiles give a very hotel-like look to your living rooms leaving a lasting impression on your guests.
- Opt for vitrified and ceramic tiles in a glossy finish and bigger sizes if you want to make your room look brighter and bigger.
- Wooden planks along with other tiles are another favorite that can be laid in various patterns.
- For bedroom walls, give tiles a chance and create stylish accent patterns using neutral shade tiles to enhance the overall look of the bedroom.
The bedroom is a personal space and should immediately help you relax. The cozy bedroom space should be carefully designed keeping your personal style, routine, and maintenance in mind.
We recommend vitrified tiles in a glossy finish in bigger sizes if you want to make your room look brighter and bigger.
Ceramic tiles are another great option for bedroom floors and are almost zero maintenance, durable tiles.
While marble and wooden tiles continue to dominate bedroom spaces, designer and digital tiles are slowly catching up with the trend.
Marble tiles in various colors like beige, browns, and whites look amazing on the floor. You should also not hesitate to go for the ever-so-classic wooden tiles.
Wooden planks along with other tiles are another favorite that can be laid in various patterns.
- Available for exterior and interior usage, elevation tiles are a way to accentuate the look of your walls.
- They are durable and protect walls from fungus and other bacteria risks.
- Some of the popular ones are terracotta, brick, stone, other natural-looking rustic patterns, and sleek looking marble tiles in different shades and sizes (250*375mm, 300mm*450mm, 300mm*600mm
Cover your walls beautifully with Elevation tiles.
Available for exterior and interior usage, elevation tiles are a way to accentuate the look of your walls. Unlike paint, they are more durable and protect walls from fungus and other bacteria risks.
An array of designs, ranging from terracotta, brick, stone and other natural-looking rustic patterns to sleek looking marble tiles in different shades and sizes, are available at Orientbell.
- Look for flooring options that are weather resistant and durable without compromising on style and aesthetics for gardens, walkways, etc.
- Outdoor tiles or pavers come in 3 variants – brick, concrete, natural stone
- Popular sizes in this range are – 300mm*300mm and 400mm*400mm
Be it garden walkways or outdoor areas, you must look for flooring options that are weather-resistant as well as durable and yet don’t compromise on style and aesthetics.
Outdoor tiles or paver tiles fit the bill perfectly.
These tiles are manufactured especially for outdoor purposes and are weather resistant. They are available in various shades and sizes as per your requirements.
Now that you are all set to select the right tile for the right space, how about visiting orientbell.com to explore and choose the right tile for your home!