Orientbell Tiles’ germ-free tiles are manufactured using an antimicrobial layer that fights against germs, killing 99% of them upon contact. You can install germ-free floor tiles to make your home a safe space. Germ-free tiles are especially used in places such as bathrooms and kitchens which may remain wet for long periods and are prone to germ infestation. These tiles are good for walls too. Germ-free tiles price is in the range of Rs 51-231 per sq. feet. These tiles mostly come in various sizes, including 300x600 mm, 600x600 mm and 800x2400 mm. GFT Lina Star White, ODM Alberta (EC) Brown FL, GFT ODP Ebano FT Beige and FT Natural Wood Brown are some of the popular options of germ-free tiles available at Orientbell.
Make your home a safe space with Germ Free Tiles
Orientbell’s germ-free tiles contain photocatalytic nano-particles finely dispersed and embedded in the entire upper layer of the tile surface which helps it fight germ infestation. According to microbiologists and pathological experts, the nanoparticles available in the upper layer of the germ-free tiles get attached to the surface of germs like bacteria and viruses and kill them. This makes their growth and multiplication impossible.
These are very strong and can withstand daily impact and abrasion. Germ-free tiles are resistant to stains, scratches, water, acids and chemicals. Moreover, they are easy to install, wipe and maintain. Not only this, germ-free floor tiles are available in different colours and textures. You can go with your favourite colour to cover an entire area or combine different coloured tiles creatively.
There are many varieties available within the germ-free tiles range. For example, there are several wood look tiles, including FT Natural Wood Brown, GFT BDF Strip Wood Beige, GFT BDF Espresso Wood Strip, GFT BDF Antique Wood Brown DK and GFT BDF Strip Wood Grey. Then there are cement look tiles such as GFT BDF Cemento DK Blue and GFT BDF Cemento LT Blue.
Germ-free floor and wall tiles can be used at various places such as the living room, bedroom, office and schools. They are especially recommended for bathrooms, kitchens, hospitals and clinical labs, places where there is high likelihood of germs’ growth. Further, germ-free tiles price is within reach. There are cheaper as well as slightly expensive options and you can choose the one that suits your budget.
Germ Free Tiles Price
Different variants of germ-free tiles are priced differently. Here are some:
|Popular Germ-free Tiles
||Germ Free Tiles Price Range
|GFT Lina Star White
||Rs 69 per sq. feet
|ODM Alberta (EC) Brown FL
||Rs 51 per sq. feet
|GFT ODP Ebano FT Beige
||Rs 66 per sq. feet
|FT Natural Wood Brown
||Rs 64 per sq. feet
|GFT BDF Strip Wood Beige
||Rs 66 per sq. feet
|GFT BDF Cemento DK Blue
||Rs 66 per sq. feet
|GFT BDF Rustic Natural Brown
||Rs 66 per sq. feet
Germ Free Tiles Size
Germ-free tiles are available in various sizes.
|Germ-Free Tiles Size
||Size in MM
1. How does this germ free tiles work?
- According to the microbiologists and pathological science experts, the nano-particles available in the upper layer of the tiles gets attached to the body surface of the germs like bacteria and virus and adversely affects the chemistry of the protein based cellular mechanism of the microbe. This makes their growth and multiplication impossible and kills them.
2. What is the percentage of germs killed by GFT? Does it kill all types of germs or any specific ones?
- More than 99% in first 24 hours of contact. Eventually, all microbes that come into its contact will die. GFT kills over 1000 types of bacteria and fungus. Germ Free Tiles from Orientbell have been tested as per Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS Z 2801:2010). This standard includes tests effectiveness against 2 most dangerous strains of Bacteria – Escherichia Coli (E. Coli) and Staphylococcus Aureus and OBL GFT has passed this test. is a perfect shield against all these harmful microbes.
3. Does the use of GFT in walls and floors reduce the chance of getting sick?
- Yes, use of GFT in walls and floors will reduce the chance of getting sick. On average in a hot and humid condition, such as in bathrooms and kitchens, the number of bacteria on a surface will double every 20 minutes unless a surface treatment is used to inhibit bacteria growth. Germ free tiles with more than 99% antimicrobial efficacy will help maintain a germ free environment to improve our health both indoor and commercial places. This will reduce the chance of getting sick.
4. What is the durability of the germ free property once laid in High Traffic zone, like Hospitals, Cafetaria, Eatries etc.?
- The germ free property is in full upper layer of the tile. Therefore, the germ free property will last the entire life of tile. Even on abrasion and in scratched surfaces, fresh anti-microbial property of the germ free tile will come into effect. So this works as an auto-renewable property and works for you for the entire life of the tile.
5. What does Orientbell have in their Germ Free Tile?
- OBL tiles contain nobel photo catalytic nano-particles finely dispersed and embedded in the entire upper layer of the tile surface. These are very strong and durable against all daily impacts and abrasion. The composition of the upper layer is so chosen that they have high inherent capability to withstand weathering and consequential damage.
6. Is there a special laying procedure for GFT?
- No, there is no laying procedure. Laying to be done same way as other tiles.
7. Can GFT be applied on wall and floor both?
- Yes. Since germs spread the most through touch, both wall and floor of your house needs safeguarding.
8. What about germs in the joints of the tiles and what precaution to be taken to avoid this scenario?
- Germ free grout from a reputed company should be used. Joint free tile laying may also be opted, however it is preferable to always maintain space between tiles.
9. What is the time duration we should keep for mopping the floor /interval of time?
- GFT works in between cleaning cycles, therefore, users can follow any frequency of cleaning as per their choice. GFT has the advantage that it works all day long. between mopping cycles. It is effective with even low frequency or inefficient mopping of the floor.
10. What standard does OBL GFT comply with?
- Orientbell tiles have been developed and tested as per Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS Z 2801:2010).
11. Will there be a color difference between a GFT and Non-GFT variant of the same design?
- No, There will not be any color difference between GFT and Non-GFT variant of the same design.
12. If I don’t clean the tiles regularly, will it still kill germs?
- GFT will kill germs that come in contact with its surface. If tile is not cleaned and a layer of dust settles on the tile, then the airborne germs will not come in contact with the tile surface and thus cannot be killed. Therefore, it is advised to keep germ free tile surface free from dust.
13. Does the germ free tiles have any side effects like other drugs that kill bacteria?
- No. Unlike other drugs, the nano- technology of these photocatalytic nano-particles work in a completely different way. They do not have any side effects. In addition, this nano-technology enabled product have a self-cleaning advantage.
14. What is the interaction between the other antimicrobials used in disinfectants for floor cleaning in hospitals and commercial places and the GFT from Orientbell?
- No there is no interaction between these two antimicrobial agents. Besides, the most bacteria get resistant to the prolonged use of antimicrobials and later the antimicrobials of daily use do not work at all. In case of GFT tiles, the nanotechnology enabled nano-particles are found to be effective in killing the most drug resistant bacteria also.
Tile Visualizer - TriaLook and Quick Look
The most interesting part of buying at Orientbell Tiles is that you can visualize the tiles through its TriaLook and Quick Look tools available on its website. They can help make the buying process easier for customers as they let them see how various tiles suit their spaces.