Kitchen is the heart of the house. It is a space which is used all day long and sometimes even later when someone or the other in the family feels like having a midnight snack.
The kitchen is also a space that can get dirty very easily because of all the spills and stains left during the cooking process and even when family members come in to help themselves. But an untidy and dirty kitchen space can breed germs and cause various diseases. Moreover, an untidy floor can also cause slippages and accidents. Therefore, it is pertinent to keep the kitchen space neat and clean.
Tiles are popularly used for kitchen flooring. While they look beautiful, tiles are also easier to clean and maintain over other flooring materials. Orientbell offers a wide variety of options, including ceramic, porcelain and vitrified tiling, to give your kitchen floor an elegant and classy look. The germ-free tile variants are especially suitable for kitchen flooring as the antimicrobial layer on the tile provides a safe surface. Orientbell’s Estilo and Nano series present a wide range of stunning options accompanied with top-notch functionalities. Most of the Orientbell variants for the kitchen flooring are resistant to stains and scratches and also have low rate of water absorption, which helps prevent water leakages.
How to clean the kitchen?
Cleaning the kitchen needs special attention. Most spills in the house are likely to take place in the kitchen, be it spices while preparing meals or tea, coffee and juice. The floor of the kitchen requires special care so that the tiles do not become dull from dust, stains and smudges. Here are some tips to that will help you keep your kitchen spic and span.
- You should sweep or vacuum the floor on a daily basis to remove dust particles from the surface.
- Tiles need to be mopped or wiped with a wet cloth to avoid the build-up of dust and grime.
- Do not let the glazed tile floor air-dry as it will leave water marks. Instead, dry the floor immediately using a cotton cloth.
- Spills and wet spots on the surface of the tiles should be wiped as quickly as possible to avoid staining the tile.
How to Deep-Clean the Kitchen?
While an everyday cleaning routine is essential for the kitchen, you should also deep-clean the space at least once a month. Deep cleaning can help maintain the colour and pattern of the tiles. While selecting the method of deep cleaning, you should note the type of tile installed. A matte finish tile can be scrubbed thoroughly. Conversely, harsh scrubbing might damage the finish of a glossy tile. A microfiber or soft cloth should be used on glossy tiles.
Here are some of the steps you can follow to ensure your kitchen floor remains spotless:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor, so that the dust particles and debris do not get scattered.
- Mix a portion of baking soda with vinegar to make a paste to clean the grout. This paste should be applied on the grout and can be scrubbed using a toothbrush once it dries up.
- Using warm water and a good cleaner to scrub the floor with a cloth or mop helps.
- Try not to walk on the floor until it is completely dry to avoid smudges and spots on the floor.
How to Remove Stubborn Stains?
Due to spillage of various items in the kitchen, the flooring tile can be easily stained and your kitchen may appear grimy. Floor tiles with tough stains can look really messy.
Here are some useful hacks to deal with tough stains:
- For coffee, tea and juice stains, saturate a cloth or paper towels in hydrogen peroxide and place it on the stains. After some time, wipe the surface thoroughly with water.
- For grease stains, you can use club soda and hot water.
- Apply a mixture of baking soda and water and let it sit for 15 minutes for turmeric stains. Then gently scrub the stain in circular motions. You may also add vinegar or lemon juice if they do not tarnish the surface of the tile.
Orientbell’s tiles are extremely durable and maintain their looks for many years. However, flooring can be damaged if proper care and attention is not given at regular intervals. Following a regular cleaning routine will keep the kitchen looking fresh and clean.