Marble is a gorgeous stone and one of the oldest stones used in construction and has been in use since centuries now. Marble was first mined in the 1st century in history and the use of marble can be traced back to the temples of Olympia and the Theseum in Greece.
Over time, the use of marble has evolved from making hand held sculptures and massive pillars to use on walls and floors. The opulence that marble exudes makes it one of the top trending looks even today. The subtle veined surface makes it a great addition to any space.
But, natural marble comes with a lot of drawbacks:
- Proper care and maintenance of marble is required to maintain its beauty. It should be polished regularly to give it a stunning look and prevent it from yellowing over time.
- It is also prone to cracking and should be treated with proper resins to prevent further damage.
- Since natural marble is also highly prone to staining, it is not suitable for use in areas that see a lot of spills, such as kitchens and dining rooms.
- Marble is available in big slabs and requires a lot of work for installation.
- There is also a lot of wastage when slabs are cut to fit into smaller areas.
- The porosity of marble makes it prone to all kinds of water damage making it unsuitable for use in wet areas such as kitchens, and bathrooms.
So, if you want to add the luxurious marble look to your space, without any added maintenance, marble look tiles are your best bet. Made using ceramic or vitrified materials, these tiles come with a host of benefits.
- Marble tiles have low porosity and absorb minimal moisture, making them apt for use in wet areas.
- With an easy to clean surface, the tiles can be mopped or wiped in no time at all.
- Marble tiles are available in convenient sizes and can be installed in spaces of all sizes easily without a lot of wastage.
- The tiles can endure heavy foot traffic and can be easily used in commercial spaces.
- The tiles do not require regular maintenance.
To know more about the pros and cons of marble slabs and marble tiles read more here.
Go Contemporary With White Marble Tiles
The first thing that pops up in our minds when we think about marble is its simple and elegant appeal. White marble tiles are ideal for use in spaces where you want to create a calming ambience. This colour reflects maximum light and can help brighten your space up – making them an ideal choice for small spaces. Wooden furniture pieces can be used to create a warm ambience. Warm lights can further enhance the appeal of the space and induce an inviting feel.
Go Earthy With Beige Marble Tiles
Beige marble tiles look highly alluring and sophisticated. The stunning colour helps draw out the beauty of the veined surface of marble. This colour is best paired with dark accent walls, deep brown furniture and gold accessories to create a cohesive space. Beige also pairs well with colours that have earthy undertones, such as slate, to create a homey space. To create a modern or contemporary look, the colour can also be paired with white furniture and accessories.
Jazz It Up With Blue Marble Tiles
If you think you’re stuck with white and beige in a marble tile collection, you’re mistaken. Marble tiles are available in a wide variety of colours, even stunning shades of blue that can have a calming impact on your space. The stunning blue colours can evoke images of the sky and the sea, creating a space that is meant for relaxation and rejuvenation. Blue marble tiles can pair well with various colours, but are best paired with white furniture pieces, accessories and upholstery. Bright lights can further emphasise on the beauty of the space.
Marble And Mosaic
Confused between mosaic and marble for your space? Then why not opt for both? These unique tiles combine the best of both worlds in a single tile. The mini mosaic squares are perfectly placed on a stunning veined marble background. Since installing regular mosaics is an ordeal, this tile has been pre-designed in a mosaic pattern for the ease of installation. The gorgeous tiles can be paired with plain tiles to create a stunning wall concept for your space. The tiles can be used to highlight the area behind the mirror or the shower area in the bathroom, the splashback area in a kitchen, or the area behind the television in a living room.
The stunning look of marble, with its gorgeous veins, can adorn any wall or floor of any space. The timeless charm of marble has been replicated in tile form with marble tiles. Marble tiles are user friendly and require minimal maintenance – making them an ideal choice for your space.
To see which marble tile works well in your space, use the TriaLook feature on the website. Upload a picture of your space and see how the tile of your choice will look post installation.
Have any suggestions for us? Let us know in the comment box below!