Tiles are now available not just in various shades but size, texture and patterns. Ceramic tiles were once considered a suitable choice for bathroom and kitchen only but with technology, designs and sizes being available in the market, ceramic tiles are now slowly becoming the preferred choice for other spaces including living rooms, bedroom, verandahs etc.
Ceramic body tiles absorb less water than any other surface covering option available in the market making them suitable for both floor and walls.
Maintenance of Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic Tiles are easy to install and absorb less water making them easy to maintain and clean. Water settled on ceramic tiles surfaces, however, can be easily wiped out. This stands true for both walls and floor.
They are specially preferred choices for not just bathrooms but also outside spaces and elevation.
Here are some advantages of choosing Ceramic Tiles over other options available in the market.
Advantages of Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tiles are the most popular choice for flooring and walls all over the world. Let’s get to know why:
- Ceramic Tiles are Environmentally Friendly: They are made from clay, sand and glass, which helps keep any room cooler during summers.
- Low Maintenance: They require minimal maintenance and can be cleaned with water or mopped. Regular cleaning will not affect the colour, texture or the finish of the tiles.
- Cost-Effective: Ceramic tiles are very cost-effective compared to other available options. Due to the ingredients involved in making ceramic tiles, they are more cost-effective than other varieties of tiles such as porcelain.
- Easily Replaceable: In case of any breakage or chipping, the entire tile can be easily replaced. Some of these tiles can also be repaired.
- Variety in Style: There are a variety of options available in ceramic tiles in terms of colours, shapes, styles, designs and texture. They are also softer and easy to cut into different shapes, and are available in eye-catching designs. You can find ceramic tiles with ripples, waves or raised shapes and patterns.
- Scratch-Resistant: Ceramic tiles are scratch-resistant unless a sharp object is used. Otherwise, the tile surface will never get deformed or damaged.
- Resistance: Ceramic tile floors are resistant to fire, rot, insect infestation, odour, and fading.
Ceramic tiles are versatile and come in finish ranging from simple to ornate. Glazed ceramic tiles can add texture to give visual depth to any area. Ceramic tiles from Orientbell are available in colours and styles that you would love. So just because they are not fully water-proof, don’t just discount them completely. Ceramic tiles are very suitable as wall tiles and in warmer climates.