You must select tiles according to the space you are going to use them for. For example, if you are using wall tiles in bathrooms or kitchens, make sure they are water resistant and have germ-free quality. For outdoor areas, you need to ensure that the wall tiles are durable and would be able to bear natural heat, cold or rains. Similarly, you may choose stylish wall tiles for your living room and soothing ones for your bedroom.
Wall tiles should complement the colour and texture of floor tiles. Glossy tiles are most suitable for wall tiling as they are scratch-free and can be easily washed and cleaned. Consider the tile shape and size, which will make a major contribution to the final look of your room. You may also use the floor tile as the wall tile to maintain a continuity, which is quite a contemporary concept. However, the floor tiles are heavier compared to wall tiles so you must make your choice accordingly. Both ceramic and porcelain tiles are equally suitable to be used for wall tiling and are budget-friendly too.
Things you should remember when buying wall tiles for your home or office:
1. Check on the present trend in wall tiling. The best way is to browse through various trending magazines online and see which style you would like. Wall tiles for bathroom and kitchen usually include highlighter, dark and a light base tile but with changing trends, preference towards single color base tile or vitrified tiles is also popular in 2021.
2. Tile size selection is important for small residential areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. Orientbell has large variants of tiles in different sizes to fit your decor. Consider big slabs in lighter shades if the area is smaller. However, if choosing tiles for bigger spaces like living rooms and bedrooms, you can even go bold with color like black marble pattern, grey or even blue.
3. It is important to consider the size of the room before selecting wall tiles. Large-sized tiles make a room appear larger and airier. Using floor tiles on the walls too may make the design and room look more cohesive, but remember that wall tiles cannot be used for the flooring. Light coloured tiles make a small room look bigger. If you have bigger sized rooms, then you will definitely have more colour options to choose from.
4. The colour of your wall tile depends on your personal choice, but some pointers may help you decide. Using a light coloured tile on the wall will give a soothing feel. The kitchen space looks better with vibrant coloured tiles. Make sure that the colour of the wall tiles should complement that of the cupboard. Gloss finishes with light coloured tiles are suitable for dark spaces as they reflect more light.
5. Using a proper sealing agent for grouting is important. One idea is to use contrasting coloured grouting to create a unique look on the wall. They will also act as complementary colours, which can give a subtle effect.
6. The texture and pattern are important, whether you use a matte or glazed finish. Glazed tiles are easy to clean, which is why they should be preferred for bathrooms and kitchens.
Hope this makes choosing the right wall tiles easier for you. You can also check our tile buying guide here to know more about choosing right tiles by space.